Thursday, August 30, 2012

Full Moon/Blue Moon

Well, apparently we'll have another full moon this week on Friday, August 31st. This moon is referred to as the "Blue Moon".....apparently due to it being the second full moon of the month and I guess also because it's suppose to look "blue" in color. I'm not really certain...but I'll be watching on Friday and plan to check it out. One thing I do know for certain.....I am beginning to hate full moons!

It seems as though every time there is a change in the weather (barometric pressure), time change, growth spurt, full moon, season change, etc -- total chaos occurs. This week has been no exception.....and it's not just Taz this time around. I swear all of the kids and even our pets (2 cats & a dog) have acted like spider monkeys on crack this week! I am honestly looking forward to the first day of school! Did I just say that out loud? Yes, yes I did. If only the pets could attend school as well....or go to some type of pet daycare place.

Seriously....the kids have been fighting non-stop, purposely trying to antagonize each other, not listening, mouthing off, refusing to do their chores, not cooperating, refusing to go to bed on time, not sleeping worth a crap once they do go to bed, and everything else under the sun! This is the worst they have been all summer.....and I have no clue if it's due to the upcoming full moon, or the "back to school" anxiety, or if they are purposely trying to drive me insane.

As I said, even our pets have been this way.....the cats have been trying to fight with each other, to the point that I've had to put them in separate areas of the house, and even then they still try to antagonize each other by sitting on opposite sides of the door hissing at one another and pushing their paws under the door trying to poke each other. The dog has been a royal pain in the butt....barking constantly when nothing is there, whining to go outside and then two seconds later barking to come back in. 

I have tried everything to maintain some level of sanity in this house.....putting a ban on products that contain sugar, giving the kids activities that will help them to burn off excess energy, changing bed time, etc and thus far nothing has worked. Thus I am eagerly counting the days and minutes until school begins.....perhaps then things will calm down a bit. Hey a girl can dream can't she?

All I can say is thank God for coffee and chocolate.....those are the things helping me to maintain my sanity and survive the lack of sleep. I honestly believe this is all due to the freakin' full blue moon though.....combined with the fact that all of the kids have gone through growth spurts (again). I guess I can take some comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in this.....after speaking to several of my friends, I can confirm that their kids have been the same way. So yep, let's blame it on the upcoming full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment