Monday, April 9, 2012

Introductions.....

Welcome.....I guess my first post should be an introduction huh? Ok, where to start.....hmmm, well I'm a SAHM to a child with Autism. I'm new to this whole "blogging" thing.....

Many years ago I began a journal -- writing about our adventures with Autism. My plan was to turn my journal into a book....but somehow along the way, instead of finding the time to write things down -- most of it is still trapped within my brain, waiting for some "free time" to put it all on paper.

Those who know me will tell you, I always say "been there, done that, gonna write a book about it!" However, at the rate I'm going my "free time" (to actually sit down and write a book) is few & far between at the moment.....and at the rate things are going, I'll be in my 80's before I actually have time to sit down and write the actual book! As most folks know, when you are dealing with Autism, that "free time" stuff doesn't always happen.

I've shared many stories thus far with friends -- stories about our journey with Autism.....and at the urging of several of them (ya all know who you are)....I decided to take the plunge and begin a blog! I guess for now, this will be my "book".....

As I said, I'm very new to this whole blogging thing (some would say I'm a blog virgin - gasp!).....so please bear with me as I learn the ropes and design this thing. My plan/goal for this blog is to share our Autism journey with you.....perhaps provide tips, advice, info, etc for those who are also dealing with Autism. I'm sure along the way we will share some tears and laughter as well.....the life of Autism is like a roller coaster ride. There are ups and downs, good times and bad, laughter and tears.....with each experience you grow, you learn, and you discover just how strong you are. As time goes by, I will share stories from day one to present day.....so stay tuned!

OK well that's the intro......I hope you will enjoy following this blog and reading my posts. I will warn you right now -- I love to laugh and I can be a bit sarcastic at times. I'm also very outspoken and won't sugar-coat things like some folks do. If you have any questions please ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment